ARC Student Research Praxis Awards 2017-2018
As part of its effort to encourage student research, the Advanced Research Collaborative (ARC) will be offering a number of Research Praxis Fellowships for the coming academic year 2017-2018. The Awards are valued at $4,000 each and are for one semester only.
To be eligible, you must be a full time registered doctoral student who has completed the First Exam but not yet completed the Second at the time of the tenure of the award. Preference will be given to those who have been enrolled for no more than three years and who are in the early stages of the formulation of a research idea/proposal.
Students who accept this award will join an ARC student/faculty research cluster led by ARC Distinguished Visiting Fellows from within and without the CUNY system working in related areas and will be required to attend three (3) research praxis sessions during the semester. Preference will be given to students whose research interests are congruent with the research themes of the Distinguished Fellowship Program for 2017-2018.
The themes are:
In addition to attending the three sessions above, Awardees will be required to do the following:
- Submit a research statement of approximately 10 pages to their ARC student/faculty research cluster at the end of the semester of their tenure.
- Attend the weekly ARC seminars for the semester of their tenure (approximately 15 seminars each Thursday 4:30 – 6:30 pm throughout the semester)
- Post a 400 word blog on the ARC student research website commenting on the issues raised in one of the seminars which they have attended.
Deadline for applying is Friday, March 31, 2017, 5pm. Students will be notified of the selection committee’s decision by April 24th.
Please submit the following items to: email@example.com
- ARC Praxis Application Cover Sheet, with advisor and EO signatures (attached)
- 1000 word Research Statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Unofficial student transcript (Banner copy)
Please submit items combined into a single PDF file labeled with your Last Name, First Name, Program.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org