How to Add Media
This tutorial will walk through how to add any type of media to a post or page.How to Add Media
For tech support from the Futures Initiative web developers, please contact: email@example.com
4 Easy Steps
- WordPress allows you to upload various types of media including images, videos, audio, and documents.
- Keep in mind, only certain media formats are allowed.
- Image formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .ico
- Video formats: mp4, .m4v (MPEG-4), .mov (QuickTime), .wmv (Windows Media Video), .avi, .mpg, .ogv (Ogg), .3gp (3GPP), .3g2 (3GPP2)
- Audio formats: .mp3, .m4a, .ogg, .wav
- Document formats: .pdf (Portable Document Format), .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx, .odt, .xls, .xlsx, .psd
Step 1: After logging into your account, create a new post, either by clicking +New on the front-end of the site (Option 1) or by navigating to the dashboard and clicking on Add New Post
Step 2: After creating your post, you can add media by clicking on the Add Media button.
Step 3: Once you clicked the Add Media button a window will appear, which will allow you to choose a file to upload. Click on Select Files to choose a file to upload.
Step 4: After you have selected the file to upload, a window will appear to insert the media into your post. For accessibility reasons, please make sure to include a description of your media in the Alt Text box; this ensures that the content of your image/file is communicated whether the image shows or not. Then, click Insert into post.