Call for Freelance Graphic Designer – Summer 2022
The Futures Initiative seeks applications for a Freelance Graphic Designer to work on a new layout for our website and annual report. This opportunity is open to all CUNY students (and instructors). Apply by May 31, 2022.
Who We Are
Focusing on equity and innovation in higher education, the Futures Initiative develops new engaged, collaborative pedagogies that empower the next generation of intellectual leaders with bold, creative, and independent methods for confronting the problems in the world today and thinking through effective, democratic solutions. The Futures Initiative connects research, teaching, and social justice.
What You’ll Do (Deliverables)
- Collaborate on a new visual identity for the Futures Initiative.
- Create graphics for the Futures Initiative website – including logos and homepage design elements.
- Provide the design and layout of our Annual Report (approx. 20 pages)
- Complete projects within the allotted deadline of August 31, 2022.
What We’ll Provide
- Content and design direction for the website and Annual Report
- Zoom, in-person or hybrid meetings for feedback and support
Who You Are
- An open communicator who is willing to ask questions, clarify objectives, and suggest any and all best practices and ideas from experience.
- Experienced in graphic design software (we are flexible with tools).
- Passionate about design which resonates with the FI’s objectives of innovation and equity through collaboration across differences.
- UI experience is a plus.
The application will request your CV and links to share your work, which may include a portfolio, website, or other graphic design links.
All finalized graphics will be the physical and intellectual property of the The Futures Initiative.