A public group for all those interested in learning more about Mapping the Futures of Higher Education, hearing about events, and participating in conversations pedagogy, higher education, and institutional change.
Job Opportunity: City Tech's OpenLab Hiring a Community Facilitator
- July 16, 2015 at 1:57 pm #3381
The following job opportunity may be of interest:
City Tech’s OpenLab (https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/%5Bopenlab.citytech.cuny.edu%5D), an innovative open source digital platform for students, faculty, and staff at New York City College of Technology, CUNY, seeks a current (or recent) CUNY graduate student as a Community Facilitator for part-time work.
A Community Facilitator will engage in:
- develop and lead workshops, seminars, class visits as well as hold office hours for faculty, staff, and student users with varying experience with technology
- teach users about blogging, best practices for developing content, how to incorporate technology in the classroom, and what it means to have an online presence
Support for the OpenLab Community
- maintain an active presence on the site and provide assistance to users on an as-needed basis
- liaise among faculty, student, and staff users and the OpenLab team
- contribute content to various OpenLab sites
- create help documentation with an emphasis on the user experience
- test new features and fixes, and provide feedback on site functionality
- participate in weekly OpenLab team meetings (both in-person and via webconference)
- work according to a schedule and on an as-needed basis, both on campus and remotely
- represent the OpenLab team on campus, in various external venues, and via social media
Ideal candidates will possess:
- familiarity with the OpenLab or other WordPress/BuddyPress installations, such as the CUNY Academic Commons
- expertise in digital pedagogy
- experience with developing and leading workshops for a variety of users
- knowledge of information architecture, usability, and the user experience
- strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- a willingness to work collaboratively with a team
- a fluid understanding of socially networked online spaces and various digital tools
- communications skills for responding to support requests with speed, empathy, and creativity
- the ability to create visually attractive, informative, and well-written blog posts, help documentation, and screencasts
Experience with WordPress is essential, and experience with the following tools is desired:
- basic HTML
- basic CSS
- common web and social media applications (e.g., Twitter, Flickr, YouTube)
- bug-tracking software (e.g., Redmine)
- multimedia (e.g., photos, videos, podcasts)
Hours and Pay: 12 hours a week, $25/hour
Position start date mid/late August 2015. Review of applications will begin August 3, with interviews happening shortly thereafter.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter, CV, and representative samples of your digital work to OpenLab Co-Directors Jill Belli (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jody R. Rosen (email@example.com). Please note any current employment within the CUNY system or for the Research Foundation of CUNY.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.